Once a year a group of us get together for a Christmas meal. Some of us have known each other for 20+ years, some of us played in bands together. It’s always a really important day to us as it’s not only the only time everyone is in one place it’s also the only time we get to see some of our oldest friends. It’s today and our little family can’t attend because we have all come down with the sickness :(
I have made the decision that from now onwards none of my software projects going forward will support Windows or OS X directly. Some may run on OS X by coincidence but I am no longer willing to support either platform. Life is too short to deal with the anti platform that is Win and I am not buying another mac. This will likely affect nobody.
Hello #mastodon hope you are all having a good morning. *makes tea*
New Gab instance, cw all the things, boost OK
Glindr.org is a new gab instance.
They use a fork from spinster, who is a fork of gab.
Here is a recap:
* Gab is a forum for racist people, with actual murder as user of the forum.
* Spinster is a fork of gab, centered around TERF ideology (some mysoginist that pretend to be feminist, lots of cis women in there ).
* Glindr.org is a using a fork of that (the software calls itself soapbox).
Their audience is a bit more uk based and a bit more centered around InCel (machist, mysoginy, etc).
Do block, report and ask your admin if you are unsure if they are blocked yet.
People of Mastodon, show me your sample packs. Installing renoise tonight and want some inspiration!
Its so disheartening to work on an app that was at first a simple clickButton>doesThing that worked really well that has turned into:
All because people think unbridled flexibility to the user is more important than simple usability.
I have shouted it from the rooftops many times but here it is again, MAKE YOUR SOFTWARE DO ONE THING WELL, NOT TEN THINGS AVERAGELY!
I have had to drink black coffee this morning as I have run out of tea and it has reaffirmed 2 things fir me.
1) coffee tastes horrible in every way, how you lot think this is a good way to start anything let alone a whole day is beyond me.
2) I need decaf, im only half way down the mug and I feel like I am about to have a heart attack.
Bonus 3) seriously what are you all thinking? Why would you drink this when you could have a steamy cup of lapsang.
Join others in a free (libre!) and user supported social network for board gamers and the games they love.