I would like to keep this instance relatively family friendly.
If you are new to Mastodon, there are some quirks you might want to learn:
- When you see birdsite, that person is referring to Twitter.
- "Tweets" are called Toots here.
- Same thing with bookface: Facebook
- Sometimes people say woolly, meaning something is hot or viral. (Get it? Woolly, on a big Mastodon.)
- You really should look at the user guide. It is well written and easy to read. Pay attention to the privacy settings, and what the different timelines are, e.g., Local vs Federated.
Remember, this is a new(ish) system. It is reminiscent of the birdsite in its first days. There may not be many people you know, but you are sure to make new friends! Don't be afraid to talk to people!
The No No's.
Please don't post anything relating to illegal activity. I will do my best to respect people and limit censorship, but I will silence or suspend accounts and domains that don't respect these wishes.